The Ontario Municipal Human Resources Association (OMHRA) is committed to protecting the personal information of member companies, their employees and other individuals. In order to protect all personal information collected, used or disclosed by OMHRA, we have adopted the following Protection of Personal Information Code.
On our web site, we only collect personal information required to improve the services we offer, to improve our site content and, with your permission, to contact you with information about our services. We will not share any personal information obtained on this web site with any other organization without your express knowledge and consent.
For more information on our Terms & Conditions and Web site Privacy Policies, please read below.
Terms and Conditions
1. Use of this web site – This web site is owned and operated by The Ontario Municipal Human Resources Association (OMHRA) for your personal non-commercial use and information. Your use of this web site is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this web site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, please do not use this web site. Material on this web site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, posted, distributed or modified in whole or in part, whether in text, graphical, audio, video or executable form, except with written permission of OMHRA. You are responsible to ensure that your access to this web site and material available on or through it are legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access or view the site or such material.
2. Limitation Of Liability – OMHRA OR ITS LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR USE OR INABILITY TO USE MATERIAL, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY KIND, DELAY OF OR PARTIAL DELIVERY, TERMINATION OF RIGHTS OR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT OR OTHER LIABILITY TO PROVIDE INDEMNIFICATION OR ANY OTHER REMEDY. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER OR NOT OMHRA HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF OMHRA AND ITS LICENSORS FOR DAMAGES UNDER OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER FOR A SINGLE OCCURRENCE OR SERIES OF OCCURRENCES, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO OMHRA PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. This limitation on monetary damages will not apply to claims relating to death or personal injuries which arise out of products deemed to be consumer goods under applicable law. Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using and accessing this web site. To the extent the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow certain other limitations, such limitations which are not permitted do not apply.
3. Ownership and Confidentiality – Material on this web site, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips, is owned or otherwise provided by OMHRA, and OMHRA does not represent or warrant that such material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity.
You acknowledge that information or material which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this web site is not confidential or proprietary and acknowledge that unprotected e-mail communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss.
You also acknowledge that any information or materials which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this web site does not infringe the rights of any person or entity, and may be used in whole or in part in any manner by OMHRA including, but not limited to, reproduction, retransmission, publication of such information or material or ideas, concepts or other know-how contained therein for the commercial purposes of OMHRA or disclosure of your identity.
Trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, “Marks”) displayed on this web site are registered or unregistered Marks of OMHRA or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of the applicable owner of such Marks.
Any information or material contained on this web site which may be reproduced pursuant to these terms must bear the proprietary rights notices which originally appear on or in conjunction with such information or material.
4. Information we collect on our site – You can visit all public areas of our site without providing any personal information about yourself. Our Web site collects only non-personal information based on a visitor’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (this is not personally identifiable). Information collected includes the date and time of visit, the type of Internet browser used to access the site, the referring address (the link a visitor uses to access the site). This data is used to create statistics on site usage and improve online services.
Communication and news subscriptions require the collection of personal contact information, and are solely for the use of Association staff to deliver communications to subscribers.
“Event Registration”, requires the collection of personal and payment information in order to purchase passes to Association events.
The Member Access member portal requires the collection of personal information and is solely for the use of Association Members, board members, Peer 2 Peer Groups, management, and staff of OMHRA. To enter the Member Access area, a user does require a registration process and identification of a special “User Name” and “Password”. All personal and payment information collected is done so in a SSL Server Authentication environment.
All information collected is used solely for the purposes of communication, purchasing of event passes, security, and site management.
5. Links – Our web site contains links to many other web sites that are part of or affiliated with OMHRA. These links and references are provided to you as a convenience only.
OMHRA does not expressly or impliedly endorse these web sites or any information or material contained within such links. OMHRA does not assume any responsibility for any such other web sites, information or material posted thereon, or products or services offered thereon. When you leave the OMHRA site to visit one of these other sites, the only information transferred to the new site is the fact that you came from the OMHRA web site. Transmission of this referring address allows other sites to monitor their own web traffic, but does not disclose any personal information about you.
6. Bulletin Boards and Discussion Page Areas – This web site may include bulletin boards and discussion pages which allow communication and feedback to OMHRA and its users. OMHRA reserves the right at all times to monitor, edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in OMHRA’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of any of the terms contained herein, and to deny any user access to the web site. Users accessing the Bulletin Boards or Discussion Page areas agree not to:
a) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Bulletin Boards or Discussion Page areas
b) post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, or any blatant expression of bigotry, racism, hatred or harassment, including without limitation any transmission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, provincial, federal or foreign law
c) post or transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or material for commercial purposes or which contains solicitations for sales or purchases, advertising, promotion or marketing
7. Software – Any software available for downloading through this web site is provided by third party software vendors pursuant to license agreements or other arrangements between such vendors and end-users. OMHRA does not sell, resell, or license or sub-license any such software, and OMHRA disclaims any responsibility or liability related to the software. Any questions, complaints or claims related to the software should be directed to the appropriate vendor. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the software downloaded through this web site. [In the event of any express inconsistency between these terms and those contained in any license agreement with a software vendor, the terms contained in the license agreement shall prevail.]
8. Accuracy of Information – While OMHRA may update the information or materials on this web site from time to time, no assurance is given that information or material on this web site is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete.
9. Viruses, etc. – OMHRA does not represent or warrant that the information or materials, including without limitation any downloadable software, accessed from or through this web site will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
10. Damage to Others – You agree not to introduce into or through this web site any information or materials which may be harmful to others. Among other things, you agree not to knowingly or otherwise include any error or defect in material or information which may, among other things, be a libel, slander, obscenity, or promote hatred or otherwise give rise to a criminal offense or civil liability on the part of any person or entity.
11. Reserve of Rights – All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to OMHRA. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual right of OMHRA or any other person or entity.
12. Governing Law – This site is controlled and operated by OMHRA from Ontario and these terms shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms. Those who choose to access this web site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
13. Changes to Terms – OMHRA may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this web site from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the applicable time at which you access the OMHRA web site.
OMHRA is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains the current information management practices at our Web sites.
The handling of all personal information by OMHRA is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are browsing for information or conducting business with the government electronically.
When you visit our Web sites, we will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use and receive online products and services that require it. For transactions with OMHRA involving credit cards, our systems use up-to-date security protocols to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems.
Information Collected on Our Web Sites
When you browse or download information from the OMHRA web site, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance, and for ways to improve our sites. OMHRA cannot identify you from this information. We collect the following standard types of information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites;
- the operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites;
- the Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites;
- the dates and times users access our sites;
- the pages visited;
- the key words users enter into our search engine; and
- the names and sizes of files requested.
OMHRA employs a consultant who uses hardware and software to anonymously monitor unauthorized attempts to upload or change information at OMHRA’s website, disrupt service, or otherwise cause damage. As a general practice, we make no attempt to link this information with the identity of individuals visiting our sites. If an attempt to damage our site has been detected, we can take further actions.
Personal Information Sent to Us
You may choose to provide us with personal information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card number, if you wish to:
- submit an e-mail, comment, question or request or subscribe for information online;
- request a service, product, or fill out a registration or license form online; provide feedback, participate in consultations or surveys online; or, conduct e-commerce transactions with OMHRA.
When you visit OMHRA’s web site, any personal information you provide will be used to respond to your message and/or provide you with the requested service or product. The collection of personal information by OMHRA is in accordance with section 38(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). This section of the Act authorizes government organizations to collect only the personal information that is necessary for the administration of a government program. At the time the information is collected, you will be informed of the specific purpose for which it is being collected.
External Links Disclaimer
Some of our Web sites link to other sites created and maintained by other public and/or private sector organizations. We provide these links solely for your information and convenience. When you link to an outside Web site, you are leaving OMHRA Web site and our information management policies no longer apply.
There may be Web sites linked to and from this site that are operated or created by or for organizations outside of The Ontario Municipal Human Resources Association. Those organizations are solely responsible for the operation and information (including the right to display such information) found on their respective Web sites. These linked Web sites may or may not be available in French. The linking to or from this site does not imply on the part of OMHRA any endorsement or guarantee of any of the organizations or information (including the right to display such information) found on their respective Web sites.
OMHRA does not assume and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever for the linking of any of these linked Web sites, the operation or content (including the right to display such information) of any of the linked Web sites, nor for any of the information, interpretation, comments or opinions expressed in any of the linked Web sites. Any comments or inquiries regarding the linked Web sites are to be directed to the particular organization for whom the particular Web site is being operated.
OMHRA’s security practices are continually evolving to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems are maintained. OMHRA uses up-to-date security safeguards to protect its networks and Web sites from misuse, alteration, copying, disclosure, destruction, monitoring or unauthorized sharing of information and damage. OMHRA’s safeguards include the use of security software and encryption protocols and involve physical, technical and procedural controls to protect information.
If you want more information about how to protect your privacy, you may wish to contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.