The OMHRA Board makes important decisions that shape the future of the organization and provide critical guidance and oversight by determining and monitoring the strategic direction of the Association. You may read about the 2021-2022 OMHRA Board here.
Are you looking to build your leadership skills? Would you like to play a part in connecting human resource practitioners to the future of our profession?
If so, consider joining OMHRA’s Board of Directors.
Serving on OMHRA’s Board of Directors is an excellent opportunity for Members to help establish our strategy, uphold our mission, enhance our culture and ensure our financial and legal health.
In addition to practicing good governance, our Board Members are expected to be aware of the Association’s current policies and advocacy issues. Duties include:
- attending monthly board meetings as well as additional teleconference and web meetings as necessary;
- preparing for meetings in advance and positively participating in Board discussions;
- actively serving on one or more board committee;
- overseeing the Association’s finances to fulfill the Board’s fiduciary duties; and,
- contributing to our advocacy and stakeholder outreach efforts.
Board positions are voluntary. Our Board Members are able to attend OMHRA events free-of-charge and their municipalities may advertise one job posting per month gratis.
Board Members are elected and announced at our Annual General Meetings held each September. The nominations process is conducted in the two months prior.
Not ready to join the Board? Consider volunteering for the Education Committee or the Communications Working Group.
- Emond Harnden LLP
- Emotional Intelligence Training Company
- Hulton Workplace Solutions
- Humber College
- Legacy Executive Search Partners
- Mohawk College Enterprise
- Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA)
- RAD Potential Advisory
- Rae Christen Jeffries LLP
- Special Benefits Insurance Services
- University of Waterloo