Serving on OMHRA’s Board of Directors is an excellent opportunity for Members to help establish our strategy, uphold our mission, enhance our culture and ensure our financial and legal health.
In addition to practicing good governance, our Board Members are expected to be aware of the Association’s current policies and advocacy issues. Duties include:
- attending monthly board meetings as well as additional teleconference and web meetings as necessary;
- preparing for meetings in advance and positively participating in Board discussions;
- actively serving on one or more board committee;
- overseeing the Association’s finances to fulfill the Board’s fiduciary duties; and,
- contributing to our advocacy and stakeholder outreach efforts.
Board positions are voluntary. Our Board Members are able to attend OMHRA events free-of-charge and their municipalities may advertise one job posting per month gratis.
Board Members are elected and announced at our Annual General Meetings held each September. The nominations process is conducted in the two months prior.
Not ready to join the Board? Consider volunteering for the Education Committee or the Communications Working Group.